1⁄2 pound ground beef, lean
1 can kidney beans (15 1/2 ounce, drain and save liquid)
1⁄3 cup bean liquid
1 cup tomato puree (canned)
1 tablespoon onion (minced)
1 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
8 ounces whole kernel corn (canned, not drained)
1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 dash salt
1 1⁄4 cup cold water
1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
1. Cook beef in hot skillet until lightly browned. Drain off fat.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
Prepare Tamale Pie:
1. Place chili in a 10-inch skillet. Stir in corn. Heat thoroughly.
2. As chili heats, mix cornmeal and salt with water in a sauce pan. Cook over medium
heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes.
3. Spread cornmeal mixture over hot chili to form a crust. Sprinkle with chili powder.
4. Cover and cook over low heat, with lid slightly ajar, until topping is set, about 10