2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 chicken (whole, cut up, skin removed)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1 onion (chopped)
3 garlic clove (minced)
2 tomatoes (chopped)
2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
1 bay leaf
1 cup rice (uncooked)
1 cup peas
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1. In a large skillet heat oil and brown chicken on both sides.
2. Add green pepper, onion, and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato, chicken broth, bay leaf, salt pepper to taste.
4. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Add rice, stir well, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes longer, or until all liquid
has been absorbed and chicken is tender.
6. Add peas, cook until hot.