|2 cups||cooked turkey (cut into bite-size pieces, or 2 cups ground turkey, browned in a skillet and drained)|
|2 tablespoons||taco seasoning (chili)|
|1 1⁄2 cup||water|
|1⁄4 cup||refried beans (low-fat or fat-free)|
|1⁄4 cup||Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (shredded, low-fat)|
|1⁄2 cup||tomatoes (chopped)|
|1⁄2 cup||lettuce (shredded)|
|2 tablespoons||onion (chopped)|
|1⁄2 cup||taco sauce|
|plain yogurt (low-fat or fat-free optional)|
|guacamole (or mashed avacado optional)|
1. Wash and prepare vegetables.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine turkey, taco seasoning, and water.
3. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Place tortillas on a cooking sheet. Bake at 375° for 4-7 minutes or until tortillas are crispy.
5. Spread tortillas with a tablespoon of beans. Top with 1/4 meat mixture and cheese.
6. Return tortillas to oven to cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Top with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and taco sauce. Garnish with yogurt and guacamole, if desired.
Per recipe: $3.56
Per serving: $0.89
UMass Extension Nutrition Education Program, CHOICES Steps Toward Health
Recipe analysis includes light meat turkey without skin.