|1 cup||milk, whole|
|1 cup||rice, uncooked|
|1 cup||milk, evaporated|
|1⁄8 teaspoon||cinnamon (ground)|
1. In a saucepan, heat milk and water.
2. Add rice, bring to a boil, lower heat to simmer; stir mixture every 10 minutes. Cook uncovered until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix eggs, 3/4 cup evaporated milk, vanilla, and sugar. Set aside.
4. Add remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk to rice mixture.
5. Spoon 1 cup of rice mixture into egg mixture and stir. Pour egg-rice mixture into remaining rice.
6. Heat pudding until it boils, stirring continuously. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Per recipe: $1.69
Per serving: $0.21
USDA, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP), Recipes and Tips for Healthy, Thrifty Meals, 2000