|4||root vegetables (choose a variety from potatoes, rutabagas, turnips, parsnips, beets, sweet potatoes, etc.) (medium)|
|1||onion (medium, chopped)|
|1⁄4 cup||vegetable oil|
|3 tablespoons||Parmesan cheese|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut vegetables into large chunks.
3. Place in a medium bowl and pour oil over top. Add seasonings or Parmesan and mix well.
4. Spread an even layer on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Check a few vegetables to see if they are tender.
Per recipe: $1.96
Per serving: $0.49
Montana State University Extension Service, Montana Extension Nutrition Education Program