|2 tablespoons||vegetable oil|
|1||chicken (whole, cut up, skin removed)|
|1||green pepper (chopped)|
|3||garlic clove (minced)|
|2 1⁄4 cups||chicken broth (low-sodium)|
|1 cup||rice (uncooked)|
|salt (to taste)|
|pepper (to taste)|
1. In a large skillet heat oil and brown chicken on both sides.
2. Add green pepper, onion, and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato, chicken broth, bay leaf, salt pepper to taste.
4. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Add rice, stir well, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes longer, or until all liquid has been absorbed and chicken is tender.
6. Add peas, cook until hot.
Per recipe: $6.31
Per serving: $1.05
University of Illinois, Extension Service, Wellness Ways-Taste of the World