10 tablespoons butter 3⁄4 cups sugar 3 egg 1 3⁄4 cup flour (sifted) 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 tablespoon lemon rind (grated) 2 apple (medium, pared, cored, sliced) 2 teaspoons sugar 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
1. Beat butter with sugar until creamy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating until well blended.
3. Add flour, baking powder, and lemon rind, beat 4 minutes.
4. Pour into greased 9-inch spring-form pan.
5. Arrange the apples on the batter, sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
6. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
7. Remove from pan, brush apples with jam, cool.
Per recipe: $3.91
Per serving: $0.33
University of Illinois, Extension Service, Wellness Ways Resource Book: Taste of the World
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.