2 cups cabbage 1 carrot (medium, grated) 1⁄2 green pepper (chopped) 1 apple (chopped) 5 tablespoons yogurt, lowfat 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, lowfat 1 teaspoon lemon juice 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
1. Wash the cabbage. Cut it into fine shreds, until you have 2 cups of cabbage.
2. Peel the carrot. Grate it with a grater.
3. Chop half a green pepper into small pieces.
4. Remove the core, and chop the apple.
5. Put the cabbage, carrot, green pepper, and apple in a large mixing bowl. Stir together.
6. Put the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill weed in a small bowl. Stir together to make a dressing.
7. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to mix.
Per recipe: $1.44
Per serving: $0.36
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network
Add salt and pepper to taste.