Arroz Con Pollo Chicken and Rice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 chicken (whole, cut up, skin removed) 1 green pepper (chopped) 1 onion (chopped) 3 garlic clove (minced) 2 tomatoes (chopped) 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium) 1 bay leaf 1 cup rice (uncooked) 1 cup peas salt (to taste, optional) pepper (to taste, optional)
1. In a large skillet heat oil and brown chicken on both sides.
2. Add green pepper, onion, and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato, chicken broth, bay leaf, salt pepper to taste.
4. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Add rice, stir well, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes longer, or until all liquid has been absorbed and chicken is tender.
6. Add peas, cook until hot.
Per recipe: $6.31
Per serving: $1.05
University of Illinois, Extension Service, Wellness Ways-Taste of the World
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.