Baked Lemon Chicken
Yield Cooking time 30 minutes Total time 30 minutes
3 1⁄2 pounds chicken (skinned and cut into 10 pieces) 1⁄4 teaspoon salt 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper 1 1⁄2 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced, or 1 tsp garlic powder) 4 thyme sprigs (fresh, or 1 tsp dried thyme) 3 cups onion (thinly sliced) 1 1⁄2 cup chicken stock (or water) 1⁄4 cup lemon juice 1 lemon (sliced into 10 slices, seeds removed)
1. Combine salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme.
2. Lay chicken pieces into a 11x13 baking pan. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken.
3. Combine onions, stock, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Heat to a boil.
4. Pour hot lemon mixtue around chicken. Top each chicken piece with a lemon slice.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees until golden brown and juices are clear colored.
Per recipe: $5.78
Per serving: $1.16
USDA, Team Nutrition, Food Family Fun
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.