2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 clove garlic (minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder) 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (minced, optional) 1 teaspoon vegetable oil 1 package tofu (firm or extra firm, water packed, 16 ounces, drained)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. Drain water from tofu. Wrap tofu in paper towels. Let set for about 5 minutes.
3. While tofu is draining, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger and vegetable oil in a small bowl.
4. Slice tofu into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place tofu slices on foil lined baking sheet.
5. Pour soy sauce mixture over tofu. Using a spatula or pancake turner, gently turn slices over to coat both sides with sauce.
6. Bake tofu for 15 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for another 15 minutes. Tofu should be light golden brown and firm. Serve hot in place of meat or cut into slices or cubes and add to a stir-fry, fried rice, soup or salad.
Per recipe: $2.41
Per serving: $0.60
Montana State University Extension Service, Montana Extension Nutrition Education Program
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.