Beef Pot Roast
1⁄2 cup onion (chopped) 2 tablespoons water 2 1⁄2 pounds beef chuck roast (boneless) 2 cups water (hot) 1 beef bouillon (cube) 1 tablespoon orange juice 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
1. In a small bowl, put the bouillon cube in 2 cups hot water. Stir it until the bouillon cube dissolves. This will make 2 cups of beef broth.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the broth, orange juice, allspice, and pepper.
3. Peel and chop the onion, to make 1/2 cup chopped onion.
4. Put 2 tablespoons water in the skillet. Heat on medium.
5. Put the onion in the skillet. Simmer it until tender.
6. Add the roast to the skillet. Brown it on all sides.
7. Pour the broth mix over the meat in the skillet.
8. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Per recipe: $8.21
Per serving: $1.03
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.