Couscous with Peas and Onions
1 cup onion (finely chopped) 1⁄2 teaspoon sage (ground) 1 teaspoon olive oil 1 1⁄3 cup water 1 cup green peas (frozen) 1 cup couscous 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1. Combine oil and onions in heavy skillet.
2. Sauté for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Add the peas, sage, water, couscous, and salt if desired.
4. Cover and cook on low for about 5 minutes or until peas are tender
but still bright green and all of the water is absorbed.
5. Fluff with fork.
6. Serve with lemon wedges or balsamic vinegar.
Per recipe: $1.78
Per serving: $0.44
UMass Extension Nutrition Education Program, CHOICES Steps Toward Health