4 apple (cored and thinly sliced) 1 can cranberry sauce (16 ounce, whole) 2 teaspoons margarine (soft melted) 1 cup oatmeal (uncooked) 1⁄3 cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash apples, remove cores and slice thinly, keeping peel on.
3. In a bowl, combine the cranberries and apples. Pour into an 8x8 inch pan.
4. Combine melted margarine with oatmeal, brown sugar, and cinnamon until well blended. Sprinkle over apple/cranberry mixture.
5. Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes until the topping is crisp and brown.
7. Serve warm or cold.
Per recipe: $3.34
Per serving: $0.42
University of Massachusetts, Extension Nutrition Education Program, Pumpkin Post/Banana Beat