Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
2 cups flour 3⁄4 cups sugar 3 teaspoons baking powder 1⁄2 teaspoon salt 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon 3⁄4 teaspoons allspice 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil 2 egg, large (large) 3⁄4 cups pumpkin (canned) 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sift together dry ingredients (flour through allspice) and set aside.
3. Beat oil, eggs, and pumpkin together until well blended.
4. Add the wet ingredients (pumpkin mixture) to the dry ingredients all at once. Stir until moistened.
5. Fold in chopped cranberries.
6. Spoon into paper lined muffin cups.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 30 minutes.
Per recipe: $3.26
Per serving: $0.27
University of Massachusetts, Extension Nutrition Education Program, Pumpkin Post/Banana Beat
Serve with a glass of low-fat milk for a healthy snack.
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.