Easy Chicken and Dumplings
2 tablespoons non-fat milk 2 tablespoons flour (all purpose) 2 tablespoons water 1 cup chicken broth 1 cup chicken, cooked and diced 1⁄4 teaspoon salt 1 dash black pepper Dumplings: 1⁄3 cup flour (all purpose) 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1. Mix 2 tablespoons flour and water in a pan until smooth.
2. Slowly stir in broth.
3. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
4. Add chicken, salt and pepper.
5. Combine 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Stir in milk until dough forms.
6. Drop dumpling dough from a Tablespoon onto gently boiling chicken mixture, making 4 dumplings.
7. Cover pan tightly and cook slowly for 15 minutes without lifting the lid.
Per recipe: $1.60
Per serving: $0.80
University of Illinois, Extension Service, Wellness Ways Resource Book