1 tablespoon oil 1 onion (large, chopped) 3 garlic (cloves, minced) 2 cups black beans (cooked see recipe) 1 can kernel corn (7 ounces, drained and rinsed) 1 teaspoon cumin 2 cups prepared salsa (divided) 8 corn tortillas 1⁄2 cup Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
1. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion and
garlic 2-3 minutes.
2. Add beans, corn, cumin and 1/2 cup salsa. Cook 3-4 minutes, coarsely mashing beans with back of spoon.
3. Spoon 1/3 cup filling onto each tortilla; roll up.
4. Spoon 1/2 cup salsa into 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking dish. Arrange tortillas seam side down; top with remaining 1 cup sauce.
5. Cover and bake in 350º degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Uncover; top with cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Per recipe: $4.12
Per serving: $0.52
Washington State WIC Program, The Bold and Beautiful Book of Bean Recipes