Ginger Orange Muffins
2 cups Gingerbread Mix 1 cup bran cereal 1 egg (slightly beaten) 1⁄2 cup milk, 1% 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate 1⁄4 cup molasses 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil 1 teaspoon orange peel (grated) 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the Ginger Bread Mix (see other recipe in this database) and bran cereal in a bowl.
3. Beat the egg slightly in another bowl.
4. Add the egg and other ingredients to the gingerbread and cereal mixture.
5. Stir only until combined. Let stand for 15 minutes.
6. Fill 12 muffin cups (well-greased pans or paper liners) 2/3 full.
7. Bake 15-20 minutes or until done in the center.
Per recipe: $1.96
Per serving: $0.16
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service, Pictoral Recipes
Lynn Myers Steele, 2000
Oregon Family Nutrition Program
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.