Manly Muffin Meat Loaf
1 egg 1⁄2 cup non-fat milk 3⁄4 cups oats 1 pound lean ground beef 3 tablespoons onion (chopped) 1⁄2 teaspoon salt 1⁄2 cup cheese (any variety) (grated)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Spoon mixture and divide evenly into 12 greased muffin cups.
4. Bake for 1 hour, or until temperature in center of meat loaf is 160 degrees.
5. Cool slightly before removing from muffin cups.
Per recipe: $4.57
Per serving: $0.76
Kansas Family Nutrition Program, Kids a Cookin’
Combine meat loaf ingredients until well mixed, but don't over mix; too much mixing can make a meat loaf tough.
Safety Tip: Cook your meat loaves to 160 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to test the temperature. You will know that your loaves will be completely and safely cooked without being dried out from overheating.
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.