Mashed Sweet Potatoes
4 sweet potatoes (small to medium) 3⁄4 teaspoons thyme (dried) 1⁄4 teaspoon salt 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into slices that are ¾ inch thick.
2. Put them in a saucepan with enough water to cover the potatoes.
3. Bring the water to a boil on medium heat.
4. Cook the potatoes for 20 to 25 minutes until they’re soft.
5. Drain the water. Put the potatoes in a medium bowl.
6. Use a fork or potato masher to mash the potatoes.
7. Mix in the thyme, salt, and pepper.
Per recipe: $1.49
Per serving: $0.37
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network