New England Johnny Cake
2 egg (beaten) 3⁄4 cups sugar 2 cups flour 1 cup yellow cornmeal 1 tablespoon baking powder 3⁄4 teaspoons salt 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil 1 1⁄2 cup skim or reconstituted nonfat dry milk vegetable oil or spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix sugar with beaten eggs in small mixing bowl.
3. In the other bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt together.
4. Add oil, egg mixture and milk to the flour mixture. Mix. Pour into a lightly oiled baking dish.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Per recipe: $1.43
Per serving: $0.06
Michigan State University Cooperative Extension Service, Eating Right is Basic
Nutrition Education Program
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.