1 cup noodles, uncooked 1 tablespoon vegetable-oil 2 cups mixed vegetables (chopped) 1 cup tomatoes (chopped) 1 tablespoon margarine 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a skillet.
3. Add vegetables and saute until tender; stir constantly.
4. Add tomato and saute 2 more minutes.
5. Toss vegetables with noodles and margarine.
6. Add seasonings; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Per recipe: $1.64
Per serving: $0.55
Utah State University Cooperative Extension, Simply Seniors Cookbook, p.43
Utah Family Nutrition Program
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.