Peter Pumpkin Squares
1 can pumpkin (16 ounces) 1 1⁄2 cup brown sugar 4 egg 3⁄4 cups oil (cooking) 1 1⁄2 cup flour (all-purpose) 1 1⁄2 cup rolled oats 1 tablespoon cinnamon (ground) 2 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda Margarine or butter to grease the pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix well.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Add the pumpkin mix to the flour mix. Stir well.
5. Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan with butter or margarine.
6. Pour the batter into the greased baking pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
Per recipe: $3.06
Per serving: $0.13
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network