2 cups potatoes (cold, mashed, made from instant potato flakes) 1⁄2 cup flour (all-purpose, unsifted) 2 tablespoons onion (finely chopped) 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Put mashed potatoes into a bowl.
2. Add flour and onion. Mix well.
3. Pat potato mixture on a lightly floured board until 1/2 inch thick.
4. Cut with a 3-inch-round cutter.
5. Place on a baking sheet, cover and refrigerate until just before cooking.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan or griddle.
7. Fry cakes over medium heat, turning to brown on both sides. Serve immediately.
Per recipe: $0.49
Per serving: $0.07
USDA, FNS, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, Healthy Eating In Indian Country: High Blood Pressure
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.