Round Steak Casserole
2 pounds round steak (cut 1/2 inch thick) garlic salt, salt, pepper 1 onion (thinly sliced) 4 potatoes (peeled and quartered, optional) 1 can French-style green beans (drained) 1 can tomato-soup (10 ounce) 1 can tomatoes (16 ounces, peeled and whole)
1. Season round steak lightly with garlic salt, salt and pepper.
2. Cut into serving pieces and place in crock pot with sliced onion,
which has been separated into rings.
3. Add potatoes and green beans.
4. Top with tomato soup and tomatoes.
5. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours.
6. Remove cover during last half-hour if too liquid.
7. To cook in 2-quart crock pot, reduce ingredients slightly.
Per recipe: $11.53
Per serving: $1.44
University of Wisconsin, Cooperative Extension Service, For Cooking Without Looking, Use a Crock Pot
Nutrition Education Program
Dunn County UW-Extension
Menu Idea: round steak casserole, canned pears, lowfat milk