Yield Cooking time 15 minutes Total time 15 minutes
1 1⁄2 pound kale or collard greens 2 tablespoons vegetable-oil (or olive oil) 4 garlic clove (chopped) 1 cup water 1⁄4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon black pepper 2 tablespoons vinegar, cider
1. Clean the greens thoroughly and cut stems away. Dry well and tear into salad pieces or slice across leaf into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. In a large deep pot or skillet with a cover, sauté garlic in oil. Add greens in pan with 1 cup water.
3. Cover pan and steam for 4 minutes.
4. Uncover, stir constantly until greens shrink. Add salt and pepper and continue to stir on high until mixture is thoroughly wet.
5. Sprinkle cider vinegar on mixture. Cover.
6. Turn off heat. Let stand until ready to serve.
Per recipe: $4.29
Per serving: $0.72
USDA, Team Nutrition, Food Family Fun