Slow Cooker Beef Stew
2 pounds stew meat (cut into 1 inch cubes) 1⁄4 cup flour (all purpose) salt and pepper (optional, to taste) 2 cups water 2 teaspoons beef bouillon (2 cubes) 1 garlic clove (finely chopped) 3 carrot (sliced) 3 potatoes (diced) 2 onion (chopped) 1 celery stalk (sliced) Add herbs as desired: bay leaf, basil, oregano, etc
1. Place meat in slow cooker.
2. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and pour over meat; stir to coat.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
5. Stir stew thoroughly before serving. If using bay leaf, discard before serving.
Per recipe: $8.26
Per serving: $1.38
Montana State University Extension Service, Montana Extension Nutrition Education Program
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.