1 tablespoon olive oil 2 onion (medium, chopped) 2 carrot (medium, chopped) 2 garlic clove (minced) 1 cup tomato puree (canned) 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth, low-sodium 4 cups winter squash, cooked 1 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano (dried) 1 1⁄2 tablespoon basil (dried)
1. In a large saucepan, warm oil over medium heat.
2. Stir in onions, carrot and garlic.
3. Cook for about 5 minutes, covered.
4. Stir in the tomato puree, chicken broth, cooked squash, and herbs.
5. Bring soup to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
Per recipe: $6.47
Per serving: $1.08
University of Connecticut, Cooperative Extension, From the Farm to the Table, p.12
Hispanic Health Council
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.