Stir Fry Vegetables and Beef
Yield Cooking time 30 minutes Total time 30 minutes
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon soy sauce 1⁄3 cup water 1 cup carrot (sliced) 2 cups broccoli 1 bell pepper (chopped) 1 onion (chopped) 1 package fresh mushrooms (sliced) 2 tablespoons oil 8 ounces sliced beef
1. Wash hands and any cooking surface.
2. Mix spices, soy sauce and water; set aside.
3. Wash vegetables. Slice carrots, broccoli and mushrooms. Chop onions and bell peppers.
4. Heat oil in large frying pan and add meat when oil is hot; stir until brown.
5. Push meat to the side and in the middle of the pan add carrots, onions and peppers. Cook them for one minute
6. Add mushrooms and broccoli. Cook until they are tender.
7. Add liquid mixture and cook until bubbly.
8. Reduce heat, cover pan and cook for two more minutes.
9. Serve over whole wheat pasta or brown rice.
Per recipe: $5.15
Per serving: $1.29
Texas Cooperative Extension, The Texas A&M University System, Expanded Nutrition Program
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.