Tasty Chicken and Veggie Packets
Yield Prep time 15 minutes Cooking time 20 minutes Total time 35 minutes
4 chicken breast (boneless and skinless) 1⁄4 red onion (julienned) 1 carrot (julienned) 1 red pepper (julienned) 1 celery stalk (julienned) 1⁄2 zucchini (julienned) 1 clove garlic (minced) 2 tablespoons basil (fresh, chopped) thyme (fresh springs, optional) parsley (chopped, optional) ginger (minced, optional) 2 teaspoons olive oil 4 teaspoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed) 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste, optional) 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut four large rectangles of parchment paper or aluminum foil and fold in half; unfold.
3. Place each chicken breast in a large square of foil or parchment paper and season with salt and pepper.
4. Top chicken with your choice of vegetables and seasonings.
5. Drizzle each packet with ½ teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
6. Fold the parchment paper or foil in half and then crimp around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a half moon shape.
7. Using a spatula, transfer the packets to a baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 20 minutes, depending the thickness of the chicken breast.
Note: Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrient or cost analysis.
Per recipe: $5.02
Per serving: $1.25
Food and Nutrition Information Center
For a video demonstration of the preparation of this recipe, see: