Wonderful Stuffed Potatoes
4 potatoes (medium, baking) 3⁄4 cups cottage cheese (low-fat 1%) 1⁄4 cup milk (low-fat 1%) 2 tablespoons margarine (soft tub) 1 teaspoon dill weed 3⁄4 teaspoons herb seasoning 4 drops hot pepper sauce 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Prick potatoes with fork. Bake at 425°F for 60 minutes or until fork is easily inserted.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato, leaving about 1/2 inch of pulp inside shell. Mash pulp in large bowl.
3. Mix in by hand remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
4. Sprinkle top with 1/4 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese.
5. Place on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Per recipe: $2.92
Per serving: $0.36
US Department of Health and Human Services, A Healthier You
Find tips and resources for safe food handling and proper cooking temperature guidance.